ECHDC to Extend Public Comment | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.-After fielding suggestions for three months, the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation has decided to extend the public comment period for two more weeks.
"It seems that people felt like the amount of time that we've invested hasn't been sufficient," said Chairman Jordan Levy.
The board decided to delay a vote on a plan to build an underground parking lot, canals and walkways on the waterfront until the public comment period is over.
Levy says any and all ideas from the public are welcome-- but that means when the process is over, the project could be back to square one, and it could be years before any of the plans comes to fruition. He says many of the comments they received over the past few months have been what people do not want to happen-- not what they do.
"We may decide to table the whole thing and start from scratch and wait another three or four years," said Levy, "and if I said anything other than that, I would be disingenuous to the people that are going to come in the next two weeks and talk to us."
Over the next two weeks, the ECHDC will hold six public sessions:
* Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
* Thursday, November 18, 2010, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
* Friday, November 19, 2010, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
* Monday, November 22, 2010, 10:00-12:00 p.m.
* Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
* Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:00-12:00 p.m.
The sessions will be held at the offices of the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation, 95 Perry St., Suite 500, Buffalo, NY 14203.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight