Remington Lofts, A Successful Formula for Western New York | Business
The Urban Land Institute’s Young Leaders Group of Western New York (ULI YLG of WNY), a subsidiary of the global nonprofit research and education organization, the Urban Land Institute, will host a presentation on Thursday, April 26, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (presentation begins at 6:00 p.m. sharp) at The Remington Lofts on the Canal in North Tonawanda.
The presentation, “Thinking BIG at Remington: How Work/Live Lofts Spur Economic Activity”, will tell the story of a $20 million, 160,000 square foot adaptive reuse project, The Remington Lofts on the Canal, and how this project has assisted in the rejuvenation of North Tonawanda’s canal-side.
Guest speakers include:
• Gary Bichler, Partner, R&P Oak Hill Development, LLC
• Serena DeSantis, Leasing Agent, The Kissling Interests, LLC
• Jennifer Kissling, President/CEO, Re-Design Group
• Jonathan Morris, Partner, Carmina, Wood, Morris, PC
• James Sullivan, Executive Director, Lumber City Development Corporation
A tour will follow the presentation with access to the building's Soho-style lobby and commercial tenant spaces, model apartment, underground parking garage, and the building's new rooftop patio. Networking, open bar and hors d'oeuvres to follow. AIA and AICP Continuing Education Credits will be offered for this program. To register, click on the following link: http://bit.ly/HhwYRB
About the Young Leaders Group of Western New York
Founded in 2011, the Young Leaders Group of Western New York (http://newyork.uli.org) has a number of members who enjoy events throughout the year designed specifically for them and by them, in addition to those offered by the New York District Council. The Young Leaders Group includes a diverse group of real estate professionals and students, including architects, engineers, financial analysts, city planners, and lawyers. The Young Leaders Group strives to create a unique setting in which tomorrow’s Western New York industry leaders may interact, both professionally and socially, with today’s industry leaders and each other.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers