New Slogan: We Want Your Suggestions! | Community Spirit
Western New York is under fire from a New York City based magazine for the new “Buffalo: For Real” campaign, which it has dubbed a laughing stock.
Advertising Age and its writers claim:
“Tourism slogans are reliably corny, but last week New York state took the grand prize for "Huh?" with a newly anointed slogan for its fair city to the north that's best known for its proximity to Niagara Falls and everyone's favorite 25-cent bar snack.”
To add insult to injury, in a recent Skype interview with 2 On Your Side’s own Marissa Bailey, the writer of the article, Rupal Parekh, said she and her colleagues at Ad Age "had a good laugh" about the new slogan.
With mixed reviews coming from both Buffalonians and outsiders alike, 2 Your Town is asking viewers to offer their own suggestions for a new slogan.
What do you think is Western New York’s greatest asset? What will bring visitors and tourists to Buffalo? What would your neighborhood's slogan be?
Sound off below.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students