First Class Bass Charters Lake Erie Fishing Report: Week of July 4th | Environment
Water Temp; 71 degrees
Summertime patterns are starting to kick in.
SMALL MOUTH BASS action has been very good. The deep water bites are starting to pick up. Try drop shotting a Poor Boy's Erie Darter (mango-magic), about 24" off the bottom. Shake the tip of your fishing rod to make the bait dance and dart along. Seneca Shoals has been reall hot for big bass. The Round House is starting to load up with good Smallies.
WALLEYE fishing has been real good. There are lots of fish along the NY and Canadian border (line). The Emerald Channel is starting to pick up for the walleye. South Gap is still producing smaller fish.
PERCH bite is steady. There are good fish from Departure bouy to Meyers Reef. Good electronics make all the difference. It's hard to beat one of the new Lowrance electronic-GM HD's with structure scan looking for pod's of fish.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers