First Class Bass Charters Lake Erie Fishing Report: Week of July 13 | Environment
Water Temp: 77 degrees.
Water temperature is getting hot and water clearness is down to 25 feet in parts of the lake. The fish are either moving deep or to the current in the head of the river.
SMALLMOUTH BASS action has been steady. The Round House area has been a great place to start. Try drifting both sides of the Round House. The smallmouth like to lie in the current breaks behind the structure. The deep side of Seneca Shoal has had some great fish being caught.
WALLEYE fishing slowed right down with the hot weather. The suspended walleye schools have moved toward the deeper water. The Emerald Channel has seen some nice walleye being caught in the morning. The New York and the Canadian border line have been great areas for big walleye.
PERCH fishing has been ok. Finding the perch is the key. Good perch pods can be found from the departure buoy to Meyer's Reef. Look for fish in 35 feet to 50 feet of water. Size does matter. The bigger the bait the bigger the perch.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers