Michael Marszalkowski to Speak on Immigration Justice | Events
A Statement Released by Diocese of Buffalo's Justice and Peace Commission
On Tuesday, June 26, from 7-9 p.m., the Diocese of Buffalo’s Justice and Peace Commission will present a program on immigration justice at the Catholic Center, 795 Main St., Buffalo. Attorney Michael E. Marszalkowski, a nationally-recognized expert on immigration, will be featured.
Marszalkowski will bring to light several justice issues of immigration and how they relate to Catholic and Christian teaching, including the United States Catholic bishops’ positions and those of the recent popes.
The program will include two immigrant farm workers who will tell of their experiences. A question and answer session will follow.
The event is open to all those interested in social justice and pro-life, as immigration justice impacts on children, family life and a living wage.
Free parking is available in the Catholic Center’s adjacent parking lot. For information on the immigration justice presentation, please contact Kathleen Heffern at (716) 847-5530 or Bob Golden at (585) 682-4821.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers