Crime Down in Buffalo for 2011 | News
BUFFALO, NY-- The Buffalo Police commissioner says the crime rate for the City of Buffalo down for 2011.
And when it comes to the number of homicides, it's actually down significantly.
Commissioner Daniel Derenda talked to 2 On Your Side Friday and said last year the department had 55 homicides. This year, that number is much lower at 36.
He credits action that's been taken against gangs , like the 10th Street Gang, across the city for helping lower the homicide rate in Buffalo.
The commissioner tells says violent crime, like assaults, is also down nine percent from last year to this year.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight