Hunter James Kelly Research Institute Opens | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The legacy and memory of the son of former Buffalo Bills and NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly will live on in a new research center in downtown Buffalo.
Jim and his wife Jill hosted the inaugural tour of the Hunter James Kelly Research Institute located in the Buffalo Niagara Medical corridor.
Hunter James Kelly was just seven years old when he died from Krabbe's Disease. The new facility will work to cure Leukodystrophies like Krabbe's and provide care and treatment for other children who suffer from related illnesses.
Click on the video player on this page to hear from Jim and Jill.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'