Hunter James Kelly Research Institute Opens | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The legacy and memory of the son of former Buffalo Bills and NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly will live on in a new research center in downtown Buffalo.
Jim and his wife Jill hosted the inaugural tour of the Hunter James Kelly Research Institute located in the Buffalo Niagara Medical corridor.
Hunter James Kelly was just seven years old when he died from Krabbe's Disease. The new facility will work to cure Leukodystrophies like Krabbe's and provide care and treatment for other children who suffer from related illnesses.
Click on the video player on this page to hear from Jim and Jill.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight