2012 Thursday at the Harbor; Buffalo Rocks the Harbor Schedule | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Performers for the 2012 Buffalo Place Summer Concert Series have been announced.
Thursday at the Harbor Schedule: (All Thursday shows are free)
- June 7 - The Cult
- June 14 - Fitz and the Tantrums
- June 21 - Built to Spill & Matthew Sweet
- June 28 - Fountains of Wayne
- July 5 - Arrested Development
- July 12 - Seether
- July 19 - Young the Giant
- July 26 - Arkells and Gomez
- August 2 - The Jesus and Mary Chain
- August 9 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones with special guest Ron Hawkins and the Do Good Assassins
- August 16 - Salt-n-Pepa
- August 23 - Matt Nathanson
Buffalo Place Rocks the Harbor Schedule: (Ticket info. at buffaloplace.com/rocks)
- June 29 - Sam Roberts Band and Grace Potter & The Nocturals
- June 30 - moe. and Conspirator
- July 15 - Feist
- August 31 - The J. Geils Band
- September 1 - LL Cool J featuring DJ Z-Trip
The concert series brings thousands to the Erie Canal Harbor Central Wharf where many businesses are looking forward to receiving a late night boost in customers.
"I think the waterfront is growing. There's some major businesses down there. You have to remember that they have a major business right on the water... and that's the Buffalo Sabres. That's a core business and people feed off that that business - so businesses feed off of businesses," said Michael Schmand, Executive Director of Buffalo Place Inc., who sponsors the event.
"It seems like the American way and I see it working all through Downtown Buffalo including the waterfront."
All of the 17 shows will be held at the waterfront location this year in hopes that it will attract more people to the area. Businesses have had difficulty staying open down by the Harbor due to lack of public interest.
"It's always an exciting time in Buffalo. It brings tens of thousands of people to Downtown Buffalo and its got millions of dollars to our downtown and now our waterfront." said Mayor Byron Brown, who spoke to 2 On Your Side at the press conference at Key Center North Tower. "With these private sector investments that are being made, we're seeing more and more interest in investing in our waterfront."
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.