Buffalo Residents Set New Recycling Record | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Residents have been recycling in earnest since the city introduced its new large green recycling totes.
Officials say that during the month of May the city collected 1,205.85 tons of recyclable materials from the curb. That beats the previous record total of 1,080.87 tons collected in March.
The amount of recyclables collected in May were the most in a single month in the city's history.
You can learn more about the city's recycling plan here.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers