Façade Falls, Franklin Street Back Open | News
BUFFALO, NY - A section of Franklin Street between West Seneca and Swan is back open after a piece of façade fell from Cathedral Park Tower.
Fire sources say that some of the Styrofoam/stucco façade fell from the 11-story building just after 1 o'clock.
A spokesperson for the building management company tells 2 On Your Side's Ron Plants the building, built in 1915, is routinely inspected and is structurally sound.
A crane is being brought in to head up the 100' to inspect the rest of the cornices as a precaution. City inspectors have also taken a look at the damage and are satisfied that what happened overnight was an isolated incident.
No one was hurt.
WEB EXTRA: Photo gallery
Franklin Street was closed between W. Seneca and Swan Streets until the city engineer could deem the rest of the building safe.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers