Schumer: Keep Buffalo Consulate Office Open Part Time | News
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- New York's senior senator tells us he's asking the Canadians to keep their Buffalo consulate office open at least part time.
Right now, the Canadian government plans to shut the doors on the office in the HSBC Tower on August 27.
Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) says it's a bad idea to shut down the office because of all the bi-national business that's done along the Buffalo border.
He also says that not everything can be done by calling the New York City office or getting paperwork done online.
Schumer says he has reached out to the foreign minister and ambassador on the issue.
No word from the Canadians on their response to the "part-time office" idea.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers