Fundraiser for War Canoe Bash | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Tonight there was a special fundraiser at the Ukrainian-American Civic Center to send eight people from Western New York to the Adirondack classic 90 mile canoe race.
They hope to accomplish the feat in a special war canoe built by the Buffalo Maritime Center.
It's a 27 foot canoe that can fit all eight of the paddlers who have been training right here on local waterways for the task.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers