Test Garden in Bloom at Erie Basin Marina | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - If you've ever taken a walk at the Erie Basin Marina or stopped for lunch at the Hatch, you've probably noticed the beautiful flower gardens.
But did you know the blooms you're seeing are a sneak peek of new flower varieties from the top seed companies in the world?
It's a chance for admirers and avid gardeners alike to see what the flowers look like in full bloom and find their favorites.
There are 300-400 varieties of annuals and 300-400 different perennials.
On Thursday evenings, there is an open garden walk where the public can place flags by their favorite flowers. Marina maintenance supervisor Stan Swisher tallies the votes at the end of the season and gives that information to the seed companies so they can gauge popularity and production.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers