Huge Crowd at Thursday at the Harbor in Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- So many people showed up to the Salt 'n Pepa concert at Canalside Thursday that thousands weren't even allowed in.
Buffalo Place, which runs the Thursday at the Harbor concert series, says it will review its policies to see if it can improve the experience, according to Executive Director Michael Schmand.
Buffalo Police said around 15,000 people came out to the event. However, there were no serious disturbances or arrests.
Schmand acknowledged the large crowds, but said it was still a success.
Others disagreed, describing the concert as "out of control", "ridiculously crowded" and "almost dangerous."
Schmand said there were more than 60 security officers on hand, in addition to Buffalo Police and Erie County Sheriff's Deputies. He said safety is always the top concern.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers