Perreault, Robert Take Part in Plaza Preview | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.- Sabres greats Gilbert Perreault and Rene Robert were on hand as Sabres officials showed off a few of the brick plates that will adorn Alumni Plaza.
Sabres V.P. of Business Development John Livsey said that just after Terry Pegula took title to the team last February, team President Ted Black came into his office asking him to come up with an idea to pay tribute to the alumni, including a French Connection statue. "I've always looked at the plaza as something that could be developed, and should be developed into something special". He says it took no time to kick around a few ideas with other staffers and the idea of Alumni Plaza was born.
Today, two thirds of the french Connection were on hand to show off what the new brick plates will look like. Each brick column in the plaza will be dedicated to a specific decade of Sabres history. The names of every player who's ever played a game will go up on the pillars.
The centerpiece to the new plaza will be a 10 foot bronze statue of the French Connection. The plaza and statue will be unveiled to the public Friday, October 12th.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students