Panel Discussion on Women in Leadership | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Dozens of women gathered at the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library to watch the award-winning documentary "Miss Representation" and talk about women in leadership.
The film addresses how the portrayal of women and girls in the media often makes it difficult for women in the working world.
A panel of local women, including our own Claudine Ewing, then discussed the specific challenges facing women and girls. The event's organizer says its all about getting the conversation started and coming up with creative solutions.
"Something as easy as making flexible work schedules for families, not just women, but men as well so they can pick up their kids at soccer games, or take care of an elderly parent. These are the kind of things that are going to empower both women and families," said Diana Cihak with Women Events Buffalo, the group that organized the event.
The group is planning a second event for December
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight