Extra Firefighters Needed to Fight S. Division Street Fire | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Extra firefighters were needed to bring a large vacant house fire under control early Thursday morning in the city's Clinton-Fillmore neighborhood.
The fire broke out around 2:20 a.m. on the upper 700 block of South Division Street.
Division Chief Michael Biasillo tells 2 On Your Side's Jim Herr that heavy fire was found in a rear garage and the 2 ½-story house when firefighters arrived.
Investigators are looking into exactly where the fire may have started.
No one was hurt.
The house is said to be a total loss and emergency demolition has been order to bring the unsafe structure down.
Biasillo estimates damage to the house to be $50,000.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students