Investigative Post: Man O' Trouble With Medical Campus Project | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - It's a simple enough project: The federal government earmarked $5.1 million of the $6.4 million project to landscape, resurface and otherwise improve about a half-mile stretch of Ellicott Street street through the medical campus. The idea was to improve traffic flow and add a green accent up the spine of the $1 billion campus, home to 8,500 employees, with 3,500 more expected by the end of the year.
Completing the work has been anything but simple, however, Investigative Post has found.
City Hall, to the consternation of some project participants, awarded the contract to Man O' Trees, a contractor who had encountered problems with a road project in Niagara Falls.
Watch the story in the video player on this page.
Read more on Investigative Post.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight
- Fire damages homes in South Buffalo