Buffalo Jr. Sabres Defeat Chargers 5-3 | News
Port Credit, ON - The Buffalo Jr. Sabres lost an early lead but came back from behind to beat the Mississauga Chargers at Port Credit Arena Saturday night.
Pat Egan drew first blood with his power play goal in the first period.
Nathan Pelligra's brought in another power play goal and built Buffalo's lead to 2-0.
The Chargers then scored three unanswered goals in the second period.
The Jr. Sabres tied it up in the third period on Max Mikowski's power play goal. Mikowski then put Buffalo in the lead with an even strength goal midway through the third. Tyler Gjurich put the game on ice with about a minute to go with his empty netter.
Rookie goaltender Bobby Bloomfield earned his first career win in the Junior-A league blocking 40 of 43 shots.
The Jr. Sabres are on the road this morning to face the North York Rangers at 3 p.m.
The Jr. Sabres' record stands at 11 wins, 5 losses, and 1 shootout loss.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight
- Fire damages homes in South Buffalo