Red Cross Asks for Your Help to Prepare for Sandy | News
Buffalo, NY - The Red Cross is asking donors to give blood before Hurricane Sandy arrives.
There's concern that the storm could affect the turnout at blood drives along the East Coast.
Nationwide, an average of 44,000 blood donations are needed each day to meet the need.
Locally, you can give blood at the following location:
Saturday, October 27th & Sunday, October 28th from 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Buffalo Blood Donation Center at 786 Delaware Avenue in Buffalo.
You can call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit the Red Cross' website to make an appointment.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers