Catholic Health Breaks Ground for New Downtown Headquarters | News
BUFFALO, NY - Smiles all around Wednesday as Catholic Health and community leaders broke ground for the organization's new 140,000-square-foot Administrative and Regional Training Center.
The $46 million facility is expected to bring 700 health care jobs downtown, to the area at the foot of the Kensington Expressway, when it opens in 2014. It will be six stories tall and feature an attached parking garage.
"This is an exciting day for Catholic Health, the City of Buffalo and the entire Western New York community as we move forward in building a state-of-the art facility that will allow us to achieve the administrative efficiencies essential to a high-performing health care system," said Joe McDonald, President and CEO for Catholic Health.
The project will bring together employees and services from eight scattered facilities to a single location, with an expected savings to Catholic Health of approximately $1 million a year for the next 25 years.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.