New Tool to Keep a Watchful Eye Over Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, NY - Just in time for what's purported to be one of the biggest going-out nights of the year, Buffalo officials Wednesday unveiled a new tool to keep a watchful eye over the city.
The Star Wars looking device is called "SkyWatch" and gives police a "360-degree bird's eye view" with amazing clarity according to Police Commissioner Dan Derenda.
The tool cost $200,000 and was purchased with Homeland Security funds. It will be in use starting Wednesday night for pre-Thanksgiving festivities in the Chippewa entertainment district and will be used for other future festivals and events throughout the city.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.