New Tool to Keep a Watchful Eye Over Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, NY - Just in time for what's purported to be one of the biggest going-out nights of the year, Buffalo officials Wednesday unveiled a new tool to keep a watchful eye over the city.
The Star Wars looking device is called "SkyWatch" and gives police a "360-degree bird's eye view" with amazing clarity according to Police Commissioner Dan Derenda.
The tool cost $200,000 and was purchased with Homeland Security funds. It will be in use starting Wednesday night for pre-Thanksgiving festivities in the Chippewa entertainment district and will be used for other future festivals and events throughout the city.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight