Miss America Brings Message and Mission to WNY | News
BUFFALO, NY - The reigning Miss America came to Buffalo on a very special mission.
She met with a group of children of incarcerated parents. And many of them learned that they had more in common with her than anyone would ever suspect.
Peaceprints Prison Ministries invited Laura Kaeppler, Miss America 2012 to Buffalo to speak to the children of the men they serve in their transitional housing programs.
Channel Two's Maryalice Demler has their story.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author