Miss America Brings Message and Mission to WNY | News
BUFFALO, NY - The reigning Miss America came to Buffalo on a very special mission.
She met with a group of children of incarcerated parents. And many of them learned that they had more in common with her than anyone would ever suspect.
Peaceprints Prison Ministries invited Laura Kaeppler, Miss America 2012 to Buffalo to speak to the children of the men they serve in their transitional housing programs.
Channel Two's Maryalice Demler has their story.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public