Erie County Comptroller's Chief of Staff Resigns | News
BUFFALO, NY - Jeff Bochiechio, the recently appointed Chief of Staff for Erie County Comptroller Stefan Mychajliw, resigned on Tuesday.
Mychajliw read a statement to 2 On Your Side's Scott Brown this morning over the phone.
"Yesterday I accepted the resignation of Jeff Bochiechio as my chief of staff. I wish him the best. We will immediately begin a search for a candidate with government and professional experience to protect the interest of taxpayers."
Bochiechio was foudn guilty Tuesday night in Machias Town Court of a DWI charge.
Last week, 2 On Your Side spoke to Mychajliw about his hiring of Bochiechio. He said, "...I want to hire the best and brightest for this office and I also want to make sure that I have the best and brightest and most competent people when it comes to running for re-election this year."
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author