Local Bars, Teen to Challenge City Co-Mingling Policy | News
BUFFALO, NY - Several city bar owners and a local teen will be in court later this week to challenge the City of Buffalo's policy on co-mingling.
Right now, a bar must get a special event permit from the city to allow those under 21 into their establishments along with those of legal drinking age.
Lux, Bayou and the Lodge, along with 19-year-old Colin Miller, have filed the action and are being represented by local defense attorney Paul Cambria.
A previous law allowing teens into city bars on Thursday nights expired last year.
Ellicott District Councilmember Darius Pridgen wants to further tweak the city's permitting process with more consultation from police and other agencies.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers