Local Bars, Teen to Challenge City Co-Mingling Policy | News
BUFFALO, NY - Several city bar owners and a local teen will be in court later this week to challenge the City of Buffalo's policy on co-mingling.
Right now, a bar must get a special event permit from the city to allow those under 21 into their establishments along with those of legal drinking age.
Lux, Bayou and the Lodge, along with 19-year-old Colin Miller, have filed the action and are being represented by local defense attorney Paul Cambria.
A previous law allowing teens into city bars on Thursday nights expired last year.
Ellicott District Councilmember Darius Pridgen wants to further tweak the city's permitting process with more consultation from police and other agencies.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students