Local Bars, Teen to Challenge City Co-Mingling Policy | News
BUFFALO, NY - Several city bar owners and a local teen will be in court later this week to challenge the City of Buffalo's policy on co-mingling.
Right now, a bar must get a special event permit from the city to allow those under 21 into their establishments along with those of legal drinking age.
Lux, Bayou and the Lodge, along with 19-year-old Colin Miller, have filed the action and are being represented by local defense attorney Paul Cambria.
A previous law allowing teens into city bars on Thursday nights expired last year.
Ellicott District Councilmember Darius Pridgen wants to further tweak the city's permitting process with more consultation from police and other agencies.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight