Future Of The TRICO Building Being Discussed | News
BUFFALO, NY - When you enter the City of Buffalo from Goodell Street its hard to miss one of the city's largest empty buildings, the TRICO building.
Wednesday night, a group of community members met at The Hotel @ The Lafayette to work on a clear alternative proposal to the reuse study that was released last fall by the medical campus.
The current medical campus proposal is ineligible for historic tax credits and could put the whole future of the complex redevelopment at risk. Developer Rocco Termini told us he feels the whole building can be saved by adding restaurants, housing, offices, and making one third of the historic building into parking.
Termini says an engineer recently studied the building and he determined the building is built like a fort and can support cars on all floors.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight