Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament Moving on to 'Plan B' | News
BUFFALO, NY-- While it may be cold in Buffalo, the organizers for the Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament aren't taking any chances on the ice thickness for next week's tournament.
Officials announced Friday that they're moving to 'Plan B', which is building nine, man-made ice rinks at the Erie Basin Marina.
The process will take about a week.
The outdoor rinks will provide relief to the more than 650 registered players and 96 teams set to play.
Last year, the record breaking warm weather turned the tournament into street hockey.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers