Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament Moving on to 'Plan B' | News
BUFFALO, NY-- While it may be cold in Buffalo, the organizers for the Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament aren't taking any chances on the ice thickness for next week's tournament.
Officials announced Friday that they're moving to 'Plan B', which is building nine, man-made ice rinks at the Erie Basin Marina.
The process will take about a week.
The outdoor rinks will provide relief to the more than 650 registered players and 96 teams set to play.
Last year, the record breaking warm weather turned the tournament into street hockey.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students