Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament Moving on to 'Plan B' | News
BUFFALO, NY-- While it may be cold in Buffalo, the organizers for the Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament aren't taking any chances on the ice thickness for next week's tournament.
Officials announced Friday that they're moving to 'Plan B', which is building nine, man-made ice rinks at the Erie Basin Marina.
The process will take about a week.
The outdoor rinks will provide relief to the more than 650 registered players and 96 teams set to play.
Last year, the record breaking warm weather turned the tournament into street hockey.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.