Snow Removed in Preparation for Officer's Funeral | News
BUFFALO, NY - A crew from the Buffalo Streets Department was out along Delaware Avenue overnight clearing away snow from the shoulder of the road and the sidewalks in preparation of Wednesday morning's funeral for Buffalo Police Officer Patty Parete.
Around a dozen workers with shovels, dump trucks and a front-end loader worked from 11 o'clock Tuesday night to around 2 Wednesday morning clearing away the excess snow.
There is not an exact number as to how many police officers will attend this morning's funeral, but we're told the City is prepared to handle a large number of mourners.
There will be no parking on Delaware Avenue Wednesday between Virginia and West Tupper streets from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. and no traffic permitted from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Buffalo Police said. Traffic will be able to cross Delaware Avenue at Virginia, Edward and West Tupper streets.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.