Hunter Choose Bowling Green Over UB | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.-Ryan Hunter made it official Wednesday at Canisius High School when he signed his letter of intent to play college football at Bowling Green.
Hunter is 6"5' 315 lbs and played both offensive and defensive line for the Crusaders. Hunter is a native of North Bay Ontario who came to the United States to play football.
Hunter told Two On Your Side's Stu Boyar "being from Canada everyone growing up thinks you're going to be a hockey player but when I grew up I wanted to be a football player. So to be here is a sigh of relief and its exciting at the same time because its the start of something new. Its time for me to work hard and continue my collegiate career."
Hunter chose Bowling Green over the University at Buffalo. "I just thought that the coaching staff from Bowling Green had a really good reception for me for my official and a lot of my unofficial visits and I just loved the school and the atmosphere. Its just a really good college town and there's so much support from the community."
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers