Buffalo to Make Dyngus Day Announcement | News
BUFFALO, NY - We're less than two months from Dyngus Day this morning and there's a big announcement coming today about a festival guest.
Mayor Byron Brown and festival organizers will be speaking at city hall today about the April First festival and crowning the first-annual "pussy willow prince."
You might remember last year, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper got himself into a giggle fit talking about the traditions of the Polish holiday. That led to his apology and a proposal from organizer Eddie Dobociewicz, "I personally would like to invite you on behalf of Dyngus Day Buffalo to come to our festivities...and you will be the very first ever pussy willow prince."
Dyngus Day officials said last month that Cooper is planning to attend barring any breaking news.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author