ECIDA Approves Tax Breaks For HARBORcenter | News
BUFFALO, NY - The Erie County Industrial Development Agency has approved $38 million dollars in tax breaks over 10 years for the Buffalo Sabres' HARBORcenter project.
During that 10 year period, the project is still expected to generate $56 million in tax revenue for Erie County and the City of Buffalo, and create 365 permanent jobs.
The Buffalo Common Council unanimously approved Tuesday the land transfer for HARBORcenter.
Last week, the Buffalo Planning Board approved the plans for the multi-million dollar plan that would bring two ice rinks, parking and retail to the Webster block area.
The timeline for the project still remains in place. As of right now, construction is set to begin next month.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight