ECIDA Approves Tax Breaks For HARBORcenter | News
BUFFALO, NY - The Erie County Industrial Development Agency has approved $38 million dollars in tax breaks over 10 years for the Buffalo Sabres' HARBORcenter project.
During that 10 year period, the project is still expected to generate $56 million in tax revenue for Erie County and the City of Buffalo, and create 365 permanent jobs.
The Buffalo Common Council unanimously approved Tuesday the land transfer for HARBORcenter.
Last week, the Buffalo Planning Board approved the plans for the multi-million dollar plan that would bring two ice rinks, parking and retail to the Webster block area.
The timeline for the project still remains in place. As of right now, construction is set to begin next month.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students