ECIDA Approves Tax Breaks For HARBORcenter | News
BUFFALO, NY - The Erie County Industrial Development Agency has approved $38 million dollars in tax breaks over 10 years for the Buffalo Sabres' HARBORcenter project.
During that 10 year period, the project is still expected to generate $56 million in tax revenue for Erie County and the City of Buffalo, and create 365 permanent jobs.
The Buffalo Common Council unanimously approved Tuesday the land transfer for HARBORcenter.
Last week, the Buffalo Planning Board approved the plans for the multi-million dollar plan that would bring two ice rinks, parking and retail to the Webster block area.
The timeline for the project still remains in place. As of right now, construction is set to begin next month.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers